Sunday, March 4, 2012

Featured Bridal Shop: Little Dreamers

I’m starting a new segment on this blog which will feature interviews with bridal shop owners. If you are a shop owner who offers supplies or items for weddings and would like to be featured on this blog, please send an email at theshopbug@yahoo.com.Here's my interview with Whitney Crimefighter, designer/seller of Little Dreamers Inc.



Whitney is a wife and a mother of two little girls, Cosette and Gemma. Her shop is based in Portland Oregon but they do cater to international customers through Etsy.  She personally creates tutu dresses and accessories for little girls and babies.

How long have you been in the business?
Going on 4 years.

Why did you decide to open a shop that specializes in gowns and accessories for little girls?
When I had my first little girl, I started making things for her and it just exploded from there!

Where do you find inspirations for your creations?
 
My two girls, Cosette and Gemma, inspire everything I do :)


What are some of your favorite pieces from your shop? 
"The Grey Dress" is my absolute favorite.

Do you personally create the items in your shop? 
I make everything from scratch, start to finish.

How long does it take for you to finish the most intricate items?
 4 hours

What are your favorite materials to work with? 
ribbon, fabric, glitter

What do you enjoy most about what you do? 
My favorite thing about what I do is creating custom pieces for weddings and birthdays and special occasions. They are some of the most important events in their lives, and I get to be a little part of it. It makes me happy.


Is there anything you dislike about it? 
 If yes, what is it? I can seriously say that I love my job.

What was the toughest challenge you faced so far and how did you get over it? 
I don't know about the toughest, but wholesale orders are kind of hard for me because when you have to make so many of the same item, it seems more like an assembly line, and I feel a little less creative.

What do you do when you’re not busy creating?  
Read and go on adventures with my husband and two girls. We like to make treasure maps for each other. And I think we've buried a dozen time capsules. :)




What advice can you give for bride-to-be's particularly when it comes to choosing fashion for a wedding? 
Go with what you love, even if it is random and weird. You're own personal style will bring it all together in the end.

What are your favorite bridal shops? 
 Green Wedding Shoes

Aside from Etsy, where else can we find you online? 
www.facebook.com/littledreamersinc

What is your message to your customers and the people who support you?
A thousand thanks and a hundred more!!! xoxox




~*~*~*~
Thanks & Best Wishes:
Little Dreamers


Exclusively Weddings

No comments: